Image Map

Weekend Wear

Saturday, December 8, 2012

HOORAY!  We've all made it through the week, and it's officially the weekend.

This morning was spent with my boyfriend, Matt, and I lounging around with our cat, Luna (also the namesake of this very blog) and 8 month old puppy, Dakota.  As for this afternoon, we just ventured out to Starbucks.  Tonight we are going out with some friends from Tampa.  Therefore, I thought I'd share a casual outfit idea that can easily be updated with a few simple changes for nighttime.



Forever 21 white tank top with zipper detail: Old, from around 2009
-Similar style: Old Navy, $6.50

Target green skirt: (incredibly) old, from 2005... seriously.
-Similar styles: Forever 21, $17.80 is a good option if you like the color.  Try Forever 21, $19.80 or Forever 21, $19.80 if you are into the detailing and length.


An easy way to dress up a casual daytime outfit is to add a
motorcycle jacket, boots, and a statement necklace.


Forever 21 moto jacket: Old, from 2010.
-Similar styles: Old Navy, $39.97 (on sale from $49.94) or Forever 21, $27.80
If you don't own a motorcycle jacket yet, my advice is to pick one up immediately.
As anyone I know can attest, I have gotten so much wear out of mine.  They go with everything!


My silver statement necklace is from all the way back to high school.
I got it at a flea market in Ohio around 2006.  They hold surprisingly good finds- and for cheap!


Zigi Soho Sylvy Boots: $39.94, on sale from $79!
(If you join the DSW Rewards program, you often get coupons.)
-Similar style: Forever 21, $24.36 (all their boots are on sale until tomorrow, 12/9!)


Side note: In the area of Florida I live in, it is currently 79 degrees, so pardon if my clothes don't particularly seem like proper winter apparel ;) Adding a pair of tights to either of these looks would be adorable, too!


So, what are your plans for this weekend?

Xoxo,
-Allie


2 comments:

  1. I love how moto jackets can be thrown over an outfit and it's instantly going out appropriate!! And I'm loving those boots! I don't know how you Floridians do it during winter. I crave my cold weather. :) Hope you have a great day! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The boots were a great deal :) I wear them with everything. And I totally agree- I miss my winter months. You get to wear the best clothing: boots, sweaters, and scarves!

      --Allie

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading LunaVida!

I love receiving your comments. I read and appreciate all of them. If you need to reach me quickly though, please email lunavida23@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...