Image Map

Comfy, Cozy, Casual | Sweatshirt + Colored Skinnies + Riding Boots

Thursday, February 21, 2013


Hi! How is your week going so far? We're almost to the weekend now! As I mentioned yesterday, I am going to NYC tomorrow morning to visit my best friend. I am so excited to be having a post-grad "Spring Break" trip to see her! I have never been to New York before but have always wanted to go; therefore, my level of being psyched is through the roof.

An issue that has been on my mind, however, is what to pack. One of the reasons I am worried about packing is because it is cooold up there and I don't have many warm clothes anymore. I got rid of most of them when my mom and stepdad moved from my childhood home in Ohio to Phoenix, because I obviously don't need a parka in Arizona or Florida ;P The other reason I am nervous is because I want to dress amazingly while I am up there - it is New York after all! I need to be comfortable yet cute and cozy for all the miles of walking we will be doing to see the sights. I will have to scrounge through my closet today and get creative with my summery selection of Florida clothes!




[My deepest apologies for how my hair looked today... 😳]


Xhilaration cream lace sweatshirt: Target $12.58 (It's even cheaper online- just $6.28!)
Mossimo burgundy skinny jeans (also seen here and here): Target $11.48 (on sale from $22.99)
Cognac wedge boots (also seen here and here): Target $34.99 (I got them on sale in the store for $17.48.)
[I obviously really like these boots since I seem wear them with everything now.]

This was quite the Target-filled outfit, wasn't it?!



Greek-inspired gold leaf headband: Target for about $3 in 2011
-Similar style: Amazon $5.99 
Customized "Santorini" map gold locket/necklace (also seen here): Etsy $22
You can have your own map locket custom made too. It can be a map of pretty much anywhere!
-Similar style: Forever 21 $5.80
Turquoise stone gold ring: PacSun for about $4 in 2012
-Similar styles: Forever 21 $5.80 or Amazon $7.50



What do you think is appropriate to wear for a February trip to New York? Do you take the stylish route with lots of chic clothes or stick to practical pieces for comfort? Do you have any NYC advice for me? I'd love to hear any of it. I am totally intimidated by my suitcase, but it must get done tonight - I have to leave for the airport at 3:30 AM!


Side note: I won't be blogging while I am on vacation, but I will back in action next week when I return :)

Xoxo,
-Allie

PS: CUTEST STORY EVER! Otters are my all-time favorite animal, so this story is extra "awww" inducing. I mean, for real, an otter learned to play basketball to treat his arthritis!

10 comments:

  1. For looking stylish in NYC I would check Karen's blog here: http://www.wheredidugetthat.com/ She posts tons of her OOTD and other peoples awesome street fashion and they all seemed dressed weather appropriate-- maybe give you some inspo lolzzz
    Have fun!! New York is my favorite!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thank you so much for the recommendation!

      --Allie

      Delete
  2. You are so cute :) Love the locket especially- what a cool idea! In case you are interested, one of my favorite blogs is based in NYC- brooklynblonde.com- she has awesome (albeit pretty expensive) style. Have a great time livin' it up in the Big Apple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aww thank you :P And thanks for the blog recommendation, too!

      --Allie

      Delete
  3. Allie, enjoy your trip. Thank you for participating in my giveaway. I am following you, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I really appreciate it!

      --Allie

      Delete
  4. i always love the appeal of lace and burgundy.. it's just so chic and nice for the season, i think. :)

    enjoy nyc!! :D

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! I change a blog, if that's okay we could follow each other, if so let me know kisses.
    http://whattookfashion.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sure, we can follow each other :D I followed you on GFC!

      --Allie

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading LunaVida!

I love receiving your comments. I read and appreciate all of them. If you need to reach me quickly though, please email lunavida23@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...