Image Map

Outfit Order: Long & Loose Tee

Friday, May 17, 2013

Hey all!  I am back from Las Vegas [more on our super spur of the moment trip in a later post]!

Today I have something special for ya: another Outfit Order.  Yippee!  (It's been awhile, huh?)  The same friend from my last Outfit Order post (seen here), Roxanne, had another request:

"Hi lady!  Can you also do a segment on your blog on how to wear tops that are too long for jeans but too scandalous as a dress?  I feel like leggings are the only way but that gets a bit boring."

I am always so happy to get requests -- but I have to admit that this was a harder one for me to do.  I often find myself throwing my longer tops on with leggings or jeans, but I like that "slouchy" look.  This shirt below is a good example of a loose and long t-shirt that can easily be thrown over to keep leggings from veering into inappropriate-zone.  Finding another cool way to wear it was difficult but also fun, so it was a welcomed challenge!  Hope you like what I came up with, Rox :)




Gray off the shoulder shirt: Cotton On
-Similar styles: Cotton On $5 (on sale from $14.95), Cotton On $5 (on sale from $9.95), Target $6.28 (on sale from $17.99), Target $15 or American Eagle $19.99 (on sale from $24.95)

Colorful striped skirt w/ belt: Charlotte Russe
-Similar styles: Old Navy $14.99 (on sale from $22.94), Forever 21 $17.80ASOS $17.82 (on sale from $42.43), ASOS $20.36 (on sale from $76.36), Charlotte Russe $22.99 or Old Navy $25.00 (on sale from $29.94)

Black & gold flat sandals: Gifted from my mom



American Eagle sunglasses also seen here and here.




The black belt came with this skirt, but here are two similar belts (both from Forever 21): $7.80 and $8.80






How do you tend to style your shirts that are a little longer than normal?  Do you wear them as a tunic over leggings 100% of the time or do you have another cool way to fashion it?  Let me know what you do or if you have an Outfit Order request of your own!

Oh!  And have you entered this giveaway hosted by Vintage Lace & Pearls yet?  If not, get on it to win some ammmazing goodies!



Xoxo,
-Allie

PS: I saw this interesting article about what a week's worth of groceries looks like for families around the world.  Definitely worth checking out!

9 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job with the request. It IS a tough one! I think most of us automatically think "leggings" as the go-to. =0) The belt is the must-have for this, and it looks great.
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute outfit! love the stripped skirt and you look fantastic!

    Delightful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit. I love slouchy style shirts. I wear them with leggings, jeans, shorts, tuck them in, etc. lol. Whatever feels right at the moment :)
    Have you entered my giveaway? http://abeautymoment.blogspot.com/2013/05/official-start-of-2013-bloggergames.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I just stopped by your blog, followed you, and entered :) I am a part of a giveaway too, if you would also like to enter it :)
      http://lunavida23.blogspot.com/2013/05/sunny-disposition-high-waisted-printed.html

      --Allie

      Delete
  4. Great idea! I love it tucked in to that skirt. I have a long top that I used to wear with skinny jeans but then I started tucking it in to other pants. Gives it a whole new look.

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you're so right. I love shirts tucked in, too. Whoever thought we'd be saying that after grade school, right?! ;P

      --Allie

      Delete
  5. I love it! Your sandals are very cute <3

    I'd love it if you can drop by mine and check out my latest post: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading LunaVida!

I love receiving your comments. I read and appreciate all of them. If you need to reach me quickly though, please email lunavida23@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...