Image Map

Travel Diaries: San Diego Sightseeing

Thursday, January 8, 2015


Hi guys! As I mentioned previously, Matt and I started 2015 off by taking our first mini vacation of the year to California. Living in Phoenix, we have a very cool advantage compared to a lot of other places I have lived in the past. We are central to so many awesome places that are just a road trip away. It's only 5.5 hours to San Diego, 6 hours to Los Angeles, 7 hours to Durango, Colorado, 2 hours to Sedona, Arizona, 4 hours to Las Vegas. The ease of western traveling is actually one of my very favorite things about living in PHX. Plus, the views during these road trips... OH, THE VIEWS! They are so picturesque and make the long hours in the car so much more bearable and exciting.

On our way to San Diego, we actually came across SNOW once we crossed the border from AZ into to Cali! Of course that meant we had to pull off the highway immediately and play around in the fluffy whiteness for a good half hour or so (I mean, there were snowballs that just had to be thrown, after all). I hadn't seen snow in years, but since I grew up in Ohio I always get nostalgic whenever I get to see it. And our dogs, Dakota and Kingsley, had never seen snow before; however, Kingsley hates being wet and cold, so we expected him to despise it. How shockingly wrong we were! Both pups loved playing in and eating the snow! It was by far one of my very favorite memories yet from one of our many road trips. Sometimes the journey really is just as good as the destination, eh?







Oversized tortoise shell sunglasses (also seen here): c/o Polette Eyewear
Black & white printed coat (also seen here, here & here): Muse Apparel
Ripped skinny jeans (also seen here, here & here): Old Navy
















Brown flat boots (also seen here, here & here): Blowfish Shoes










Have you ever been to San Diego? Did you take a trip somewhere to kick off the new year? I can't wait until we plan our next weekend road trip! (You hear that, Matt? Let's gooo!)




1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with your coat. SO cute! Looks like you guys had a blast!
    ~Christine
    www.mapleandmint.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading LunaVida!

I love receiving your comments. I read and appreciate all of them. If you need to reach me quickly though, please email lunavida23@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...